To all HYBS Participants , Families and Sponsor Partners:
First and foremost, we hope you are all well and staying out of harm’s way. The best way to ensure that is to follow local, state and federal guidelines. This includes stay at home and social distancing. Our highest priority is the health, well-being and safety of our participants, families, volunteers and fans.
Even though it’s still late March, we realize many, if not all of you, are missing the tradition of starting spring baseball and softball on time. In the words of Roger Hornsby “People ask me what I do in the winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.” Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic we will have to wait a little longer. We continue to monitor COVID-19 developments through the Center for Disease and Control Prevention (CDC) – at this link https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
The following statement has been issued by Babe Ruth League, Inc which governs Babe Ruth, Cal Ripken and Babe Ruth Softball leagues:
Per the correspondence released last week, we strongly advise that all Babe Ruth local league programs follow the safeguards set in place by their Local, State and Federal government agencies in regard to delaying/suspending league activities to protect the members of their community. As such, we are supporting decisions to suspend baseball and softball activities until your Local, State, and Federal Government restrictions are lifted. • How long should your league delay or suspend your program activities? As new information becomes available, Babe Ruth League will continue to advise you with the best course of action to take to protect the members of your league and to meet the guidelines of Local, State and Federal government agencies. • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afQUI3FNwd0&feature=youtu.be
We realize this pandemic will result in us making important decisions on the 2020 regular and tournament seasons. Much of these decisions will be made for us. Our Board will be discussing via virtual meeting plans to discuss start date options including extending the season into the summer months.
We have extended open registration and it will remain open until April 10th . We encourage any that have not registered to do so ASAP. No payment necessary currently. If we are forced to cancel the 2020 spring season, we have decided that all families will be able to get full refunds of their registration fees.
Hopefully we do not have to worry about that, however, should that time come, the Board will have a process in place and will communicate this to all HYBS families. We will be sure to communicate as further information becomes available.
Thank you all for your patience and please stay safe.
On behalf of the HYBS Executive Board and Directors